Although written by a young man, this song became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.
Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
1. I'm left handed. This means I do some things differently than other people. I iron on the "other" side of the ironing board, knit differently, and one of my former bosses said that I file "backwards." I say: get over it.
2. Love me, love my dog. Never imagined this; I was a cat lover from way back. Go figure.
3. I always wanted to be a mother. This is one of my excuses for my large collection of children's books.
4. I seem to have a distinctive laugh. You might as well know now, because you will either love it or hate it. In fact, a friend just said to me today, "I knew you were in the building, because I heard you laugh."
5. Singing and playing the piano makes me feel better when I am blue.