Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Five: Take Me, Baby, Or Leave Me

Songbird, over at Revgalblogpals, has used a song from the play "Rent" as inspiration for this week's Friday Five.

Although written by a young man, this song became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.

Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?

1. I'm left handed. This means I do some things differently than other people. I iron on the "other" side of the ironing board, knit differently, and one of my former bosses said that I file "backwards." I say: get over it.

2. Love me, love my dog. Never imagined this; I was a cat lover from way back. Go figure.

3. I always wanted to be a mother. This is one of my excuses for my large collection of children's books.

4. I seem to have a distinctive laugh. You might as well know now, because you will either love it or hate it. In fact, a friend just said to me today, "I knew you were in the building, because I heard you laugh."

5. Singing and playing the piano makes me feel better when I am blue.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great list; so many of them resonate for me. Do you laugh, play and sing all at the same time? :-)

Jennifer said...

I love your list- and your laugh!
Thanks for the rationale for beaucoup children's books. I'm with you all the way!

Lori said...

My mom has a distinctive laugh too. I'll bet, like with her, that it's a happy thing.

And that is so cool about the piano and singing.

Anonymous said...

Great list...I wasn't sure about having kids, but I did have a collection of children's books.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I totally get the "Love me, love my dog" feeling.

Lindy said...

Love me, love my dog.

Barbara B. said...

I really, really want to hear your laugh. :)