Thursday, January 15, 2009

Make New Friends, And Keep the Old...


I have the honor of receiving, and passing along, this "blogging friends award."

Three of my friends, Jan, Mompriest, and Jennifer, all awarded this to me. Ironically, I have met all three of these bloggers, so I now count them blogging friends and more. I'd like to give the award back to each of them, because they each fit the description below:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

However, I believe the idea is to pass the award forward. These are just a few of the friends I have met, or would like to meet one day. Some, like Barb, I have known from my first days of blogging. Others, like Lauralew, I have met more recently. And eight is too small a number. But, alas, here goes:

Bloggers I have met:


Bloggers I would like to meet:

Presbyterian Gal
Proclaiming Softly


I feel bad that there are people who I consider friends that I had to leave out, because the list is already too long. You have all been gifts to me in the last (not quite) two years now. Thank you for your wisdom, your compassion, your friendship, your humor, your love of reading, poetry, cooking, and God.

7 comments:

Choralgrrl said...

Hey, thanks, you. That's really nice. And right back atcha, BTW. :-)

LoieJ said...

Thanks. Maybe we will meet. You are close to some of my relatives. My husband likes to go to church when we go somewhere and stay in a motel, but when we are with these relatives, we usually follow their schedule or have to drive back on Sunday, so that's about the only time we skip church. But I did at least THINK about meeting you last time we were in that area.

Lindy said...

Yu met Fran! I'm so jealous.

Thanks for the award. It sounds a little silly but I really am thankful for the internet. I "know" the most amazing people. I'd never have the conversations I have, or the exposure to such ideas, if it weren't for this great invention.

I answered your question about the snow thing over at my place, btw.

Auntie Knickers said...

Thank you! I had brief thoughts of going to your Christmas Day service when I was in Mpls. but exhaustion and Sisterfilms' birthday kept me away. I hope to be back in July.

Jan said...

Such a nice collection of friends you have. Like attracted to like.

Lori said...

Thank you for the honor. I would like a meet up too! You know you will need to visit Disneyland someday... Just sayin'

Fran said...

Thank you so much! I am so glad that we met and I wish I could see you more often.