Monday, January 12, 2009

At long last....Blogger Meet-up!

One of the great fringe benefits of our trip to Phoenix, Arizona this year (and there were many, believe me) was the opportunity finally to meet my friend Mompriest from Seeking Authentic Voice. I believe that she was one of the two or three first bloggers to find me after I joined Revgalblogpals back in May of 2007. I loved her honest and insightful reflections on faith, life and ministry and was sure that someday we would meet. After all, we do get to visit family in Chicago occasionally.

Then she moved south. Waaaaay South. I have family there too, but not as far south as she is. Still, I thought, someday we just might meet.

Tuesday, we did. We shared tea and conversation at Tempe's Changing Hands Bookstore and Wildflower Bread Company (my sister, who has lived in Arizona for almost 30 years, recommended this place).


I hope she enjoyed the opportunity as much as I did. Now, I am plotting to find a way to the Big Event 2 in Scottsdale this spring. We'll see....

18 comments:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

That is so wonderful! I hope to someday meet a blogging buddy or two.

Jennifer said...

So fun! And faces, not feet!

Jan said...

I agree with Jennifer--so nice to see more than just feet. You two look so happy and comfortable, plus I love that my hair matches yours. Hope we can all get together someday.

Diane M. Roth said...

well Jennifer -- next time it's faces!

Terri said...

Hey! Our photo turned out well, and we look just like ourselves! It was fun to meet you in person...and what a great bookstore.

Hillsdale Community Church UCC said...

this is so cool and YES! to the BE2 - I am plotting also and would love to see you there...

Lori said...

Why it looks like there's some room at your table! May we join you?

What a great picture. Bet it was a fun meetup.

Barbara B. said...

Very, very cool!

Lindy said...

Excellent. And that's a good photo. But, what kind of shoes were you wearing? Inquiring minds want to know.

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Nice.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

yeah!

Anonymous said...

Great that you finally met--nice photo!

Jan said...

There's a friend award over at my blog, dear friend.

Rev SS said...

great picture.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

What a terrific photo of the two of you.

Terri said...

there is an award for you at my blog...

Jennifer said...

Why, there's an award for you at MY place!

zorra said...

What a great picture. I look forward to seeing both of you in April. ;)

(I do hope you can come--it will be the best birthday present you ever gave yourself.)