Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Year in Blogging

I saw this review meme over at Jane 's(Acts of Hope) and Paul's (Buddhapalian), and thought I'd give it a whirl:

The first sentences of the first post of every month. I cheated on three -- they were friday fives, and I decided to print the question and the beginning of my answer. Also I still think I need to learn to write better ledes.

Finally, I am interspering links to a few favorite posts of the year.

January: I don't have a story for this, but I have random foggy memories of a few New Years in Japan.

I don't think I'll ever have a better New Year's post than this one, about opening the New Year in Japan. Akemashite Omedeto!

The Lutheran Cable Network

February: Transfiguration Year A
Matthew 17:1-9/2 Peter 1:16-21
Long ago, a wise old rabbi lay on his deathbed.

March: This is a music video dedicated to a victim of domestic violence.

April: We are now entering my birthday month (woo-hoo!)

Easter Vigil Reflections

May: (Friday Five) 1. How do you pray best, alone or with others?
I think I'm much better at praying with others, whether in hospital rooms, in my office, or in another person's home.

June: I'm typing this at church right now because we have not had electricity since about 7:00 last night.

Who Wants to Start a Movement?

Reflections on my Ten Year Anniversary

July: Marsha over at Just Some Thoughts has given me a very lovely award called You Make My Day. It is pretty, isn't it?

August: 1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?
I don't know that I amuse myself.

My new desk came in (Almost) A Million Little Pieces

September: I was sitting at my new desk on Sunday, still organizing some things (ok, many things), and feeling like the chair I was sitting in was not quite the right height.

October: 1. Saint Francis experienced a life changing call, has anything in your journey so far challenged you to alter your lifestyle?
When I quit my job and went to seminary, I often half-joked that I was becoming downwardly mobile.

November: Yesterday afternoon we had #2 stepson over (he was in town for the weekend) to celebrate his 21st birthday.

What We See

December: I started blogging in April of 2007, just about the same time I turned 50 (give or take a couple of days).

2 comments:

Katherine E. said...

Oh, I loved the Ten Year Anniversary reflection, Diane. It brought tears to my eyes. So honest and heartfelt. Ministry is so rewarding, isn't it?

You are a wonderful writer.

Jane R said...

Nice! What a great overview of your year, and the add-ons were a great idea.

Many blessings to you in the difficulty and rewarding work of ministry.