Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Matter of Perspective

To the participant at our Lenten lunch this noon, I still looked "a little peekid." (If that's the right spelling.)

To the hospital patient who had just had surgery, I was looking "pretty spry."

I'm tired. In the middle of Holden Evening Prayer, I realized I could not sing the high notes. I just totally lost them. At one point I opened my mouth and nothing came out.

I love Holden Evening Prayer. And there are other things that I want to come out. They are sitting inside me, but I'm a little too tired to get them to come out right now.

--watching the IV drip and realizing how important water really is, in ways I hadn't even thought of
-- how our health is related to our sense of connection with one another, and how deeply alienated most of us our from each other, and especially those outside of our own ethnic group, class or race
-- why Jesus REALLY challenges me....
-- and then there are a couple of family challenges that I can't talk about, but would like you to pray for.

11 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Prayers for all...but especially the family prayers as that touches very, very close to home right now.

zorra said...

Praying...and I am so glad you're feeling better. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Terri said...

Prayers...ascending...take it easy...and yeah, water!

steve said...

Praying for your health and for those family issues. Peace to you.

altar ego said...

Prayers all around--for you, for your health, for your family... While I'm at it I'm going to light a candle...

Lori said...

So glad you are feeling somewhat better! Dehydration is scary business.

I'll include your family challenges with my own catastrophes in prayers....

Anonymous said...

Glad you're on the mend.

Perspective is a funny thing, isn't it? The same person (you) assessed differently by two different people based on their own perspectives.

If you need to talk, give me a call.

Jan said...

(((Diane))) Cleaning off my desk (finally, half-done) today I found a note you wrote me after my visit to Minneapolis. You've been in my heart and thoughts today.

Tracy said...

Praying for you.

Billie Greenwood said...

I am relieved you pulled through and hope and pray that you will fully recover. Take care, Diane! These last Lenten days are horrid for clerics, even those at 100% health.

Fran said...

Sending ongoing love and prayers. Oh Diane, what an ordeal.