I'm feeling a little bereft this morning, since Husband is going up North to hear Talented Stepson's Jazz Concert this afternoon. I would love to go: I love jazz and love hearing Stepson play, but I have a pre-baptism meeting at an inconvenient time and I can't change it (we just heard about the concert yesterday). So I have morning meetings and he'll leave about noon, and I'll be wondering what to do with myself the rest of the day. Here are some ideas:
- Laundry. At least two loads.
- Take Scout on a middle-of-the-day walk for a change. Might be more fun than those early morning ones. (I see that she appears to be voting for the walk.)
- Dishes. (we are the only middle-class family in the U.S. currently without a dishwasher, as far as I know.)
- Visit someone. (a pastor's work is never done).
- Go to a movie by myself (I know it sounds sad, but I'd go to one of the ones Husband ISN'T interested in.)
- Work on knitting.
- Write. Something. Creative. (perhaps about the girl with the key hanging around her neck on a piece of string...?)
- Read Sara's Gruen's book Water for Elephants.
- Try not to mope.
- Start another blog.
any other suggestions? Perhaps something more exciting than what I have suggested? (and I wonder why I don't write short stories any more! .... maybe because I am boring.)