Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Middle Name Meme -- at long last

Jiff and Katharine both tagged me for this meme quite some time ago. Now that the wedding the funeral, and Sunday and today's Lenten sermons are done, I have time...(a few minutes)

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.

2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)

M Mary was the name of one of my great-grandmothers. I remember visiting her in the nursing home down in Jackson when I was very small. She was always sitting in a wheelchair, and her hair was done up in a little gray bun. She always gave me a little someting from her room when I came, a little stuffed toy, or a handkerchief, or something crocheted. I never knew anyone else who lived in a little room like that.

A ADHD. I have wondered, on occasion, if I don't suffer from a form of Attention Deficit Disorder. Exhibit A: all the unfinished scarves, skirts, cross-stitch samplers, etc., and even books I have. Exhibit B: I have a hard time concentrating, at times. I do better if I can change tasks frequently.

R Responsible. Terminally. For everything. I am an oldest child, after all, and we are the Responsible Ones.

I Introvert. Like many others, I score Introvert on the Myers-Briggs Inventory. Not a high introvert, mind you, but an introvert nonetheless. I do think this accounts for the necessity of Sunday afternoon naps.

E Enthusiastic. As in, I like to say "Wow" a lot. With exclamation points. Also, Excellent, as in I have received the Excellent Blogger award, and need to pass it along. And Enervated, as in when I'm tired, like tonight, after the funeral and all the services.

I think many people have already been tagged, so I'm going to do something a little different. I'm going to tag some of my dog friends: 5 of them, one for each letter of my name: Rowan, Cub, Amie, Rusty and Isabel! If you have a middle name, let us know what it is! If not, use your first name!

8 comments:

RevDrKate said...

Nice play. Especially sweet glimpse of your middle-name sake.

Barbara B. said...

All I can say is "WOW!!!" and "Excellent!" :)

DogBlogger said...

Oh, this'll be fun! Too bad The Typist has to leave for work now. I'll make her help me tonight.
Love,
Cub

Lindy said...

Good post!

Rowan is napping right now but I'll get his little golden tail in gear and ask him how he wants to respond.

LIndy

Jan said...

Fun to know more about you. It's nice to know another introvert who likes to blog!

zorra said...

Mama and I have both been tagged for this one! We'll get to it soon.
Love,
Amie

Katherine E. said...

Oh, I'm with you on the enthusiastic part. Wow is one of my favorite words!

Good play. Thanks!

DogBlogger said...

I played, Diane! Thanks!
Love,
Cub