Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Scout is coming "with"


If you are from Minnesota, you know that this is a perfectly appropriate way to end a sentence, as in: "We're going out to eat. Do you want to come with?"

In a few minutes, we will be headed up to the Great Big Lake for a few days. We take vacations without Scout all the time. But once a year, I like to take one where we can take Scout along with us.

After all, she is my baby, and I like to take at least one "family vacation" a year.

She likes to hike with us, and visit the Angry Trout Restaurant.

I have packed her food, her bowls, two toys, a jaunty scarf, and a blanket.

Are we ready yet?

9 comments:

LoieJ said...

You'd better take a couple of jackets, sweatshirts, and some gloves. Well, you probably know that already. Have a good time!

Jennifer said...

Scout is a good girl.

God_Guurrlll said...

You betcha!!!!

Do you remember when we were kids and if we had a significant other we'd say we were "going with them."

Diane M. Roth said...

God_Guurrlll --- yes, you betcha, I do.

Diane M. Roth said...

oh, and PS, I don't have mittens, but everything else -- yes, we brought.

Fran said...

Hahahah ! Going with!

I love hearing that, it reminds me of midwestern friends from so long ago.

And I love the idea of Scout going with!

Enjoy.

Lindy said...

Dear Scout,
I hope you have fun on your family vacation. Don't forget to be on your good behavior and play hard!
I love you,
Rowan the Dog

zorra said...

Have fun! Amie is "going with" to the beach in a few weeks.
(Down here we NEVER NEVER say "going with"!)

Rev SS said...

I didn't know that was a midwest thing ... but not surprised ... some of the wisest, brightest people are from the midwest (Like Iowans who were among the first to vote for Obama!)

(Glad Scout got to go with!)