Saturday, May 17, 2008

Oddly Familiar Meme

Jan at Yearning for God tagged me a few days ago for an "oddly familiar" (or is it strangely familiar?) meme. As I am procrastinating on other writing projects right now, it seemed like a good time for a meme!


Rules:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Yadayadayada


Ten years ago:
Ten years ago at this time of year, I was packing to leave my first call churches in rural South Dakota. My last Sunday there was in the middle of May. I drove to Minneapolis to start at my current church, but returned at the very end of the month to meet the moving truck. I hear they are planning some kind of special event to celebrate my ten years here. I can't believe I've been here this long. I really can't. I remember that the Sunday I was installed, there was a picnic on the lawn.



Five things on today's "to do" list: (today is almost over, and tomorrow is Sunday, so...)
Feed dog supper
Go out to eat (at least, that's what I'm lobbying for)
Send out two more "thank yous"
Organize my "things to remember list" for the week I'll be at the Festival of Homiletics
Clean bathroom


Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
Finance a college education for my neice and nephew.
Re-model this house, and build a cabin somewhere on the North Shore of Lake Superior.
Fund education projects for under-performing schools, to help bridge the achievement gap
Do other things I cannot comprehend because I cannot comprehend that much money

Three bad habits:
Not finishing books
Procrastination
Not finishing sentences.......


Five places I've lived:
St. Louis Park, MN
Kumamoto, Japan (2 year)
St. Paul, MN (3 years)
Denver, Colorado (1 year)
Vienna, South Dakota (4 years)

Five jobs I've had:
Clerk Typist
Administrative Assistant
Missionary/ESL Teacher
Insurance Underwriter
Pastor


Five people I'm tagging:
Greenish Lady
I Am Chorus
Dog and God
Dave
Carolyn at Law and Gospel

5 comments:

Barbara B. said...

LOL! I love this on your "to do" list: "Go out to eat (at least, that's what I'm lobbying for)"

Hope you are successful at lobbying! :)

Rev SS said...

I wish I was going to Festival of Hommies with you. Have a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting list, and I gladdly accept your tag because I too am a procrastinator and any time is a good time to do something else.

Diane M. Roth said...

Rev SS -- I wish you were coming too! this is my town, and I hope people enjoy themselves this week.

and Dave -- can't wait to read your list.

GreenishLady said...

I did play along, but when I tagged people, I had to tell them it was totally optional. I enjoyed this. Thanks.