Thursday, May 14, 2009

hang-gliding

I broke my arm Wednesday late afternoon. I didn't think it was broken so I stuck with it through confirmation and the pizza party afterwards. We called the nurseline and she recommended going to ER which we didn't do. Instead I got up this morning and went to Urgent Care. I was the first patient, and it didn't take them long to tell me that I did, indeed break it.

It's the radial head, which is part of the elbow. I googled and found out that it's a common injury when you fall and try to break your fall by putting your flat hand out.

I don't have a cast, just a sling, but I'm supposed to check back in a week to see if I'm doing all right. If not, they might put a splint on.

This weekend I'm preaching, but trying to get ahead because we are going to step-son's graduation Saturday in Another Town. Typing is hard (longhand impossible), but one good thing is: I'm already about 2/3's done with the sermon (it's confirmation this weekend). So maybe I'll be ok tomorrow. Driving is no fun either, nor is eating. (I'm left-handed and of course I broke my left arm.)

The Doctor said 2 weeks if I keep my arm immobile like I'm supposed to.

Sometimes it hurts a lot, other times it doesn't bother me.

I don't have a real good story about how I broke it, so if anybody asks you tell them: hang-gliding. yeah. I broke it hang-gliding.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Good golly!! I'm glad you went to the doctor!

Jan said...

(((Diane))) Take care. It is so good you went to the doctor!

LoieJ said...

If you need something for aching, try some Tylenol Arthritis ( real or generic) because it is a time release formula which lasts 8 hours which is good for night time or when you are really busy during the day.

Barbara B. said...

Dang, sorry about that!

(Stick with the hang-gliding story though -- It's a good one!)

Cecilia said...

Oh dear. I hope the view was good, at least!

Prayers for you (((Diane))).

Pax, C.

Kathryn said...

Really impressed at your pain thresholds...I couldn't physically MOVE after I broke mine in February...couldn't possibly have carried on with anything normal & was drugged up to the eye balls for the first two or three weeks.
Never found a good story for mine either...falling over my own feet just seemed too inadequate.
But I do empathise like mad, and am sending love adn get well prayers too

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I love it...the hang-gliding...not the injury. Healing prayers.

RevDrKate said...

Oh Dear! Yes, like the story, stick with it. Prayers for healing.

June Butler said...

Diane, I am so sorry. Prayers for fast healing and little or no pain. Sympathy, too.

Hang gliding? It's as good an explanation as any, and better than most.

Rev SS said...

I like the hang gliding story too ... and am sorry about the injury. May you heal well and soon!

Fran said...

Oh Diane!!! I came over here to tell you how much I was thinking of you and how much I missed you.

(((Diane)))

I am still thinking of, praying for and missing you, but now more of the prayer!!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so sorry to read that you're injured. Please take care of it.

altar ego said...

Gracious! Blessings and prayers for healing directed your way. May the discomfort and inconvenience of your injury not bungle up your life too much!