Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rite of Passage

Well, it has finally happened! On Monday, actually, although I waited until today to post about it. YES. I had my first ever RevGal Meet-Up, with RevDrKate of Prairie Light. (The obligatory picture should be posted on her site if not now, soon.)

She came up to my big city for some work and play over the weekend and into this week. (Hope it was fun!) We got in touch on Saturday and Sunday nights by phone, to work out our plans for how we would cross paths.

On Monday I drove to Suburb That Is Almost In Wisconsin to pick her up, and we had a fine brunch together at Edina's Original Pancake House. We both had Swedish Pancakes with lingonberries and talked "shop" and "blogging" (maybe a little too much for Husband).

While waiting for tall Husband to enter the restaurant, I looked up and saw a face that looked somewhat familiar. When Husband sat down with us, he informed us that yes, it was true: Twins center fielder Torii Hunter had just entered the restaurant.

After the picture, when Husband and I were both back at home, he said, "You know, if I had known there was a camera involved, I would have gotten your picture with Torii."

Oh, well. Just missed true greatness by such a little bit.

And for those who don't like baseball, Torii is well known for his community work (especially in the schools) as well.

But as for me, it was enough to meet the famous RevDrKate.

P.S. Please let me know how this rates on the "coincidence scale": at her workshop, RevDrKate met (and had lunch with) a member of my congregation who is a diaconal minister.

12 comments:

Katherine E. said...

That's so neat, Diane. Glad you two had a good meetup!

RevDrKate said...

Have to admit meeting you was higher on the list than Torii (I forgot the part about him). I would have offered the camera had I known husband would have really liked the opportunity!

Fran said...

I want to be a Rev Gal too. Catholic and in the wrong part of the country.

Sounds so great- glad you guys are connecting in this way. Fabulous!!

Baseball- all references are lost on me, but Mr. He Is knew who it was right away.

Diane M. Roth said...

sadly, they say he maybe a Yankee one of these years (good for you guys, bad for us)

more cows than people said...

yay for your first blogger meet-up! they rock, no?

and thanks for your prayers.

hope you get a day off- soon.

((diane))

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun meetup!

Unknown said...

Ah, blogger meet-ups are the best!

Lindy said...

Glad you had a fun time. If you click on the photo it enlarges and you can even see your husband reflected in the glass.
LIndy

RevDrKate said...

Rowan, I did not know that part about clicking to enlarge....so much for partial anonymity! oh, well, such is life as a famous blogger!

Terri said...

I have been way to busy, to just now find this post...fun oh fun.

Jennifer said...

Wow! Neat!

Jan said...

Diane, that's wonderful! Since I met Serena in Seattle, I know how nice it is to meet a blogging friend.