Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Five: Insomnia Edition

Mompriest over at Revgalblogpals has this Friday Five for us:

Last night was a restless night in my home. We are dog and cat sitting for our daughter, which means we have a combined household of three adult humans, four large dogs, two cats, and one kitten. And for some reason the dogs, cats, and kitten, all wanted to sleep in OUR bed. Did I mention that it's just a double bed? Did I mention that it was warm in our room - too cool to turn the air conditioning on but no breeze to blow the cool night air in....add to that my general age-related tendency toward insomnia, and it was a difficult night for sleeping.


A number of my facebook friends seem to have similar challenges sleeping....


So, on that note our Friday Five today will focus on sleep, or the lack there of.
1. Are you prone to sleep challenges? Insomnia, snoring, allergies? Other sleep challenges?
I usually sleep well, but the last few months, since the Senior Pastor retired, I have had some bouts of insomnia.  I can't seem to turn my brain off some nights, and I just keep thinking...

2. When you can't sleep what do you do? Toss and turn? Get up and read? Play computer games?
I should get up and read, but I do sometimes instead get up and play computer games.  Or knit.


3. When you do sleep do you remember your dreams? Or just snipets of them?
Just snippets.  Once in a while I get a whole dramatic dream.  In the last one that I remember, a young woman close to me died.  I woke up a number of times, and had to keep reminding myself it wasn't true.

4. Can you share a funny or confusing dream you've had? Or a dream you have over and over?
I have had a recurring dream where I am back in college and I keep forgetting to go to the classes, and just keep getting further and further behind.  (wonder what that one is about?)

5. When you don't sleep how do you get through the day? Lots of coffee? or a nap later in the day?
Coffee.  (although often coffee turns out to be a bad idea, later on.)  Usually can't get a nap in.

P.S. I have been having a hard time copying and pasting the Friday Five to my blog lately (mostly copying).  Any ideas?

Sweet dreams!

3 comments:

Terri said...

I've had issues with the copy and paste too...blogger must have changed somehow?

I like that you get up and knit - I think of doing that but feel certain I'd just mess it up...so I try and do things that don't require much on my part...LOL

Here's hoping you get some help and some good rest soon!

Jan said...

I don't know what to do about copying and pasting problems. Sorry.

It seems right that you knit when you cannot sleep. What a good idea. Too bad I don't knit, but then what is the need in south TX?

Trix's Mix said...

Milk or some cottage cheese work for me when I have a sleepless night and you are right, coffee does keep one awake!