Monday, September 15, 2008

This is all I am going to say about it

Last February, I wrote a post about sexism and racism in politics. I think the basic message remains.

I respect women in leadership for their accomplishments. But, especiallly in politics, that doesn't mean that I have to agree with them. And I don' t think that is sexist. So, I can react with respect, and say, "This person is a talented and astute politician," but also, ask the question, "Does this person share my values?" I would afford that respect and that questioning to men and to women.

....and that's all I'm going to say about it.

6 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

Diane, forgive me for starting off this comment thread with this off topic comment: You've been tagged.

I promise I'll be back with a proper response to your post pronto.

Marsha said...

Amen!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Beautifully said. Thank you for this post.

(And I think our tech problem is resolved. I hope this time it holds.)

Anonymous said...

Another amen!

Billie Greenwood said...

Back again. How eloquent the earlier post! And how appropriate and necessary to re-iterate it in this stage of the election. Similar concerns rumble through my consciousness, Diane. It is serious, this racism/sexism problem played out on the national stage. It could derail us as a people. The ultimate straw.

Lindy said...

You are a kind and gentle person,Diane. I admire the gentleness with which you stated this.