Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sleet

It started raining this afternoon, a cold rain with some wind behind it. Now it is 34 degrees and sleeting outside. It's also mighty windy. If it were snowing, this would be a blizzard. But it's not snowing -- yet. (I'm not sure whether the prediction for 6 inches of snow still holds. )

We have scheduled a discussion of our church's Draft Statement on Sexuality for this evening. Would anyone like to hazard a guess regarding how many people will actually attend this meeting?

UPDATE: It is still sleeting here. There is some slush accumulating on the ground. They are predicting 40 mile per hour winds tomorrow, and 3-4 inches more of snow/slush. Winter weather advisory is on until Saturday morning. Oh, and there were 4 people at our study, plus the two pastors.

9 comments:

Pastor Eric said...

I brought this up at council last night and told them I order a copy for each of them. I too am wondering how many will actually read it.

Lori said...

Let's see, Thursday night; Lost is a rerun; but there's bad weather; yet it's about sex; but it's sex in church which is embarrassing.

I'll say 3 people.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i'm such a cynic... i may not be the best to ask. i promptly walked out of my "at home office" at 4:59 and marched upstairs to put on sweats for the evening...

Rev SS said...

oh my .. hard question without knowing how many total possible.. I'm thinking without the bad weather odds would be maximum 3 out of 100

June Butler said...

Diane, how would I know? Y'all are Lutherans. I'll be a copycat and go with the 3.

more cows than people said...

aie, this doesn't bode well for us...

i knew winter would return.

so did you get four to come?

Mary Ellen said...

That weather is heading into Chicago later this afternoon. It's currently 60 degrees at 8:05 this morning. By this afternoon, after a few thunderstorms, we'll be hit with cold, wind and sleet. I'm supposed to go to a Sox game tonight....we'll have to see about that.

Cheer up...warm weather is right behind this mess.

LoieJ said...

My 4 1/2 day event was cancelled; my husband didn't drive to work today, but his place of work was open, even though everything else was closed. It was closed on Monday (as was everything else) but the "higher up" jerk down in the (your) big city said that it should have been open because we should all have four wheel drive cars. Like you are supposed to put yourself and your clients at risk??? So some people will collect pay today for nothing.

Lindy said...

I didn't comment yesterday but I had a little more confidence in the Lutherans than the rest of you. They just seem so sturdy what with all that theology. I would have guessed 9 or even 10.

I don't think too many people really care about it anymore anyway. We all know what we think.

83 and Sunny here in Austin!