A long time ago my good blog friend Fran presented me with a coveted blogging star award. I didn't do anything with it then except thank her very much The truth is, I would like to give every blog I visit a blogging star! I didn't want to choose, so I kept putting it off.
But I felt guilty. And I have been thinking about this for a long time. So, from a long line of worthy blogs, here are some stars:
1. Beth's Photo Journal. Beth is a young woman who is taking a year to chronicle her life with pictures and commentary. She's a great photographer and an insightful writer. I enjoy her travels.
2. Proclaiming Softly. She has a great perspective on faith, worship, life in a small town, and social issues. Plus, she just got back from Africa. I especially liked her post recently on imagining the world as 100 people
3. Presbyterian Gal. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry, she makes me think. What more can I say?
4. Rowan the Dog. I love lots of dogs (and you can see just a few others, including Grendel) on my blog roll. But Rowan is not just a dog, he is a hero. He is also a great theologian. (I hope he updates his blog soon!)
5. Heart of a Pastor. Pastor Eric serves in the small town in which my mother grew up. I was looking around on the "net" one Saturday night and ran into his blog. He really does have the "heart of a pastor."
There are lots more "stars" in the heavens... some I am just starting to discover.
Thanks for being a light!