..... and lots of Turkey to you.
update with 7 random things I'm thankful for...(as random as I can possibly be)... (this is for redheadrev, who tagged me some time ago)
1. I'm thankful for words. I'm thankful for the words of poetry, like Mary Oliver, and George Herbert, and everything in between. I'm thankful for words to say how I'm thinking and feeling, words to ask for what I need, words to hear other people's stories, and see into others' hearts. And, I'm thankful for the Word, who expresses God's love so completely.
2. I'm thankful for soft cuddly dog fur to pet, and plush blankets to cuddle in, and fluffy slippers on my feet.
3. I'm thankful for a wide world full of places to see and people to meet.
4. I'm thankful for snow... right now, anyway... it's beautiful and snowing today, and it's crisp and crunchy on top of the grass.
5. I'm thankful for friends-in-person and friends-in-blog.
6. I'm thankful for the gift of music: reggae, ragtime, jazz and blues, gospel, classical, baroque and romantic, piano, guitar, organ, and flute.
7. I'm thankful for my husband, on on this quiet night, after all the family had left, went out to rent for us the movie, "The Twelve Chairs." Sometimes I am crabby and stressed out (more on that tomorrow), and he knows just what to do.