Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday five: Hasty Edition


Reverend Mother writes:

Whoops! I have been in a family-induced haze these few days, with the July 4 holiday and taking time off while relatives are visiting. So I literally lost track of what day it was! So rather than make you guys wait even one minute longer for the five, I'll dig up an oldie:
Today, what are you:

1. Wearing
Even though it's HOT here, I'm wearing pink straight skirt, jacket and blouse, because of what I'm doing below.

2. Reading
Reading? Who has time to read? The senior pastor is on vacation. Actually, I'm reading A Poetry Handbook by Mary Oliver, and New Mexico guidebook, in anticipation of vacation, and trying to get back to Three Cups of Tea. On vacation I'm hoping to bring along a new mystery, possibly, In The Bleak Midwinter. Is this too ambitious?

3. Eating
banana chocolate chip muffin, fresh strawberries, COFFEE, not sure about lunch yet... probably just a ranch wrap on the run

4. Doing
finishing a sermon, doing three communion services (where the sermon is the rough draft of Sunday's), and visiting in the hospital. Hoping to have fun in the evening

5. Pondering
Trip to the North Shore next week. Getting ready for my neice to visit from Arizona. Lists of what music, clothes, books to bring.

...also, the benefits of having dogs over children (dogs don't stay out too late without calling to say where they are, dogs don't leave and break your heart, dogs like to be in the room with you
Bonus answer: favorite memory from the 4th: after playing in the parade, husband and boys and I all went to a party at the band director's house. They had a jazz band playing in the background. Both step-sons sat in with the band part of the time. Amazing to hear oldest on the upright bass. I felt so proud.

pondering also why I can't get the spaces to align correctly!!! argh!

13 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Good list, especially the ponderings!

Terri said...

Oh fun fun fun: the jazz band, the visits, and soon a vacation. Just need to get through all those commmunion services first...wow.

Di said...

Hmm. Sounds like a tough time with kids? Hang in there.

Sally said...

wow you are busy- enjoy that trip when you get away!

Unknown said...

The music sounds wonderful, Diane.

Mary Beth said...

I am WITH YOU about the dogs. See my post of July 3 for my current kid story....

http://marybethbutler.typepad.com/terrapin_station/2007/07/the-empty-nest.html

Barbara B. said...

I like your book list ... and jazz bands are very cool indeed!

Jan said...

You finally convinced me to read "Three Cups of Tea," which I've heard about for a long time. Thanks for the list!

leah said...

I'll have the ranch wrap and some strawberries for Saturday's lunch--save me some, please! ...fun play, thanks!

Sue said...

You are busy!!!

I enjoy Mary Oliver's poetry a lot. It really does nurture the soul.

RevDrKate said...

Nothing like completely conking oneself out before a vacation, is there? Oh, do read In the Bleak Midwinter. She is one of my faves!

Rev SS said...

Great play ... good books, good 4th and good vacation in the offing ... so who cares is the spaces align! (dang computer programs can be frustrating tho', can't they?)

Diane M. Roth said...

in case anyone stops back...
I mostly did this on my computer at church, in the extremely short time I was in the office.
I had so many formatting problems I was beginning to think my computer had MICE!
Once I clicked over and for some reason my blog typing had become so small I couldn't read it!
Thanks for visiting.