RGBP, Inc. now has a planning committee, and we are in the early stages of planning the RevGalBlogPal Big Event. What, When, Where and Who are all on the table at the moment. In that spirit, I bring you the Big Event Friday Five.
1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
I'm kind of a nerd for continuing ed, but I also like the idea of having massages and pedicures as well? Do I have to choose? Can we have a kind of continuing ed/ and retreat getaway?
2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
Not January -- at least in 2008 (Lent is early next year) Actually, Fall sounds really good.
3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
a) the Benedictines have great retreat centers and are very hospitable (they often have wine, cheese and other "goodies" available).
b) anywhere near good antique shopping would also be fun
c) I've always wanted to travel in the South, and have never been
d) if you like the Southwest, look at some spots in New Mexico (it really is the Land of Enchantment)
4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.)
Anne Lamott, Barbara Brown Taylor ... but we've probably all heard them...Marcus Borg, if you had John Dominic Crossan my husband would go (but maybe this should be all "gals?"
5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest?
Are you thinking about music, and therefore musicians? Is there a kind of music we should have or musicians we should invite? Will this event include some kind of worship?
Riverboat cruise would be fun...
As a newbie, I don't feel totally qualified to play with y'all, but I hope I can come to an event like this.
Dream big for the Big Event!!!