- We took Scout to Nine Mile Creek this afternoon. Temperature was 67 degrees. I only wish I had taken the camera along. She met (and sniffed) many nice dogs.
- In worship, I saw many people for the first time since May. I'm so glad to know that they didn't leave the church. I thought the worship and the brunch were both delicious.
- I had my very first Facebook "chat" with one of my cousins this Friday. Unfortunately, I may have "said" the wrong thing, in answer to his question, "Wasn't Sarah Palin an awesome choice for Vice President?" I hate Facebook chat.
- I found out on Thursday evening about a five hour meeting on Saturday, which effectively ruined family plans to take a day trip to the local Renaissance Festival. And no, I couldn't get out of it.
- During the last few days, I have experienced a growing sense that I need to have at least two difficult conversations. But who's counting?
- I did someting stupid in Facebook, and now I am getting a lot of spam in my email account.
- Last Sunday we celebrated my husband's birthday. His oldest son grilled salmon and garlic shrimp for us and his grandparents.
- I also had a wedding last weekend. Beautiful weather for an outdoor ceremony, but due to last minute stressful situations, my husband ended up not being able to go with me.
- We moved my husband's younger son back to school last weekend, to his first apartment. It ended up being much much much more stressful than we had anticipated. And we did anticipate that it would be stressful.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Highs and Lows (you decide which is which)
It was Rally Sunday today, which means that Confirmation classes start this week for our 7-9 graders. One of the things we do every week in our small groups, without fail, is "check in" with our highs and lows. Here are some of mine lately: