I can't believe I'm doing the Friday five, as I am almost set to go on vacation, but RevHRod over at Revgals got me thinking about names and blogging. Here are her five questions:
1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog?
I use my own name on my blog, so no creative taxing of my brain was needed. My blog name, faith in community, comes partly from organizing work, where we have been emphasizing community over isolation, and from my conviction that the church is all about "faith in community."
2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there?
I can't think of any code names, except the discount store with the Big Red Circles, which isn't so secret, really.
3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun? I really like "Freshly Ground, Freshly Brewed", "Dog and God", "Singing Owl", among others.
4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals of course!
FranIAm, Still Fruity and Wounded Bird. Actually, there are more than three. These are just the three I could remember really late at night (staying up so I can sleep on the plane). Please add Ruth's Visions and Revisions (I know that's four) and of course innumerable Revgal blogs, too.
5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why?
My #1 stepson had a blog, which intrigued me. After I bugged him for awhile, he gave me blogger's website, and the rest is history. I must admit, that I was also influenced by the article some time ago in the Christian Century.
Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks?
I have met Pastor Eric , HotCupLutheran and her husband, Kate, Auntie Knickers and Jan, all here in the City of Lakes. I met Fran when my husband and I traveled to New York City last fall.