Here are the rules:
a. List these rules on your blog.
b. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
1. Until last week, I had never traveled to Europe in my life. I lived in Japan for three years, but I have never been anywhere in Europe. I haved wanted to travel to Sweden since I was a little girl, and I saw home movies of my older cousin's trip to Sweden with my grandma. They travelled by boat.
2. I collect old children's religious books. I like to find prayer books, Bible stories, and hymnbooks, especially those with lovely or unusual illustrations. Here's one example:
3. We only took two extended vacations when I was growing up: the first was to Seattle, when I was in the 5th grade, and the second was to Disneyland, when I was 16. For the trip to Disneyland, I sewed two pairs of shorts, one midriff top and two halter tops, so that I would have some new clothes for the trip.
4. "Lord, Whose Love in Humble Service" is one of my favorite hymns.
5. My sister is a graphic designer in Phoenix Arizona. She designed my ordination announcements AND my wedding service bulletin cover.
6. My brother has won international foosball tournaments.
7. The summer after my first year of seminary, I ran a summer program for children in two inner-city churches. It was very stressful, and I barely survived. I had an integrated staff of high school age youth, and it was a crash course in racism poverty, and adolescent psychology.
c. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
I can't think of anyone to tag right now, but if I do, I'll revise the post and say, "You're it!"