Redhead Reverend tagged me for this meme awhile back. I have a hard time believing there are seven more things about me that could be interesting to anyone in any way, but here goes!
1. I haven't finished my taxes yet. (ooh, that hurt). I am somewhat math-phobic, and I am in the middle of adding up a LOT of little numbers. I'm almost done, though. Really, I'm really close.
2. My mother's side of the family are mostly Republicans, and my father's side of the family are mostly Democrats. When asked, my dad always told me he was an "Independent." Perhaps an attempt at peace-keeping?
3. Henry Mancini and I have the same birthday (not date, though!). I love the Theme from the Pink Panther, but I think I love Baby Elephant Walk even more.
4. My favorite things about being a pastor are: preaching, leading worship, visiting people, telling stories, praying, taking youth out for coffee and conversation, teaching classes (I taught a class on Psalms to about 60 retired people this afternoon). My least favorite thing is: doing taxes.
5. I have a Serious Book Habit, which I am trying to break (but maybe not hard enough). My latest offenses: a little book called More Dog Psalms, which Scout will be excerpting from shortly, and The Divine Hours/Pocket Edition, by Phyllis Tickle.
6. I have a raised bump on the middle finger of my left hand, from writing so much. I've had it since I was in grade school. My 12th grade English teacher told me I should write with a fountain pen, because I wouldn't have to press so hard. I still have the bump.
7. I am not terribly athletic, but I love the water. I'm a moderately good swimmer.
There you have it! Not terribly scintillating. I couldn't think of any deep dark secrets to share. I would now like to tag Barbara at Views from the Road, Chris at the Lutheran Zephyr, David at Here I Stand, Lindy, Rowan's guardian, P.S. at Proclaiming Softly, Crimson Rambler and Wyrdbyrd.