- March, Geraldine Brooks
- The Mysterious Journey of Edward Tulane, Kate DiCamillo
- God's Echo, Sandra Sasso
- The Dwelling of the Light, Rowan Williams
- Purple Hibiscus,
- Giants in the Earth, Rolvaag
- The Double Bind, Chris Bohjalean
- Half Magic, Edward Eager
- Neither Here Nor There, Bill Bryson
- A Three Dog Life
- The Competent Pastor, Ronald Sisk
- Murder in the Marais, Cara Black
- Red Bird, Mary Oliver
- Sleeping With Bread, Linn
- Praying in Color
- If Your Name Was Changed At Ellis Island
- Atonement, Ian McEwan
- Water for Elephants
- Tall Grass, Sandra Dallas
- Take this Bread, Sara Miles
These are the books I already read and reported on. And new additions:
- The Kommandant's Girl
- Here if you Need Me
- The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls
- Preaching as Testimony, Anna Carter Florence
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Sherman Alexie
- The Citizen Solution, Harry Boyte
- Jesus for President (though I confess to skimming some parts)
There you have it, a record of my failure. I've only finished reading 27 books so far this year. I just don't get enough reading done. I won't get 50 books done this year, that's for sure. But I've realized a few things so far:
a) I can't read in bed for very long unless I get new glasses.
b) I need to be more self-disciplined in how I read; I have too many half-finished books lying around.
c) I have a lot of things to do.
I'm currently working on Tribal Church, and In the Bleak Midwinter.