Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Short, Boring Post About Books

Just wanted to let everyone know that yes, I am still reading, plugging away on the reading challenge I've given myself. It's an eclectic list today, so I may leave any great comments for another time.

Here's where I've been lately:

35. Ask, Thank, Give, a book about Stewardship, in conjunction with our Fall Stewardship campaign.

36. In Dying, We are Born, a short, provocative book about congregational renewal. Very thought-provoking.

37. The Blessing of the Beasts, a great and wonderful illustrated book about a cockroach and a skunk who want to go to the Animal Blessing Service at St. John the Divine Cathedral in Manhattan.

38. The Healing of America, T.R. Reid. Reid went all over the world, checking out the different ways that different countries have achieved fairer, cheaper, universal coverage (or not.) Lots and lots to think about. Made me mad (among other things.)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

These all sound good. I don' think this was a boring post at all.

Jan said...

Like Jennifer's posts about books, I always appreciate your recommendations, Diane. I'm wondering about the book that made you mad, but I don't know if I want to spend more money! Glad you posted.

Fran said...

No such thing as a boring book post from you!

I want to hear your thoughts about that first book.

Lindy said...

And I want to hear your thoughts about the last book.

You are so interesting you could never make a boring blog post.