Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Five Things I Dig About Jesus

this is from John Smulo's blog: I am to share 5 things I dig about Jesus and then tag 5 people, also to leave a link in the "comments" of those other blogs so that we can keep track of what's been shared. So: here goes:


1. Friend of sinnners. Need I say more?

2. Shared with the dogs the crumbs that fell from the master's table.

3. Had women as the first witnesses and proclaimers of his resurrection.

4. Is often found, even now, in the unlikeliest of places, and with the unlikeliest of people. Not a fair weather friend, only with you when you are succeeding. Sticks around when you are down and out (see also: Theology of the Cross)

5. Was raised from the dead. Now raises the dead. (Good news if you are dead.)


Of course, there's more. In the meantime, I tag:



b. Barb


d. lj

10 comments:

Barbara B. said...

OK, I played here

lauraj said...

Fair enough. I'll get to it tonight, I hope.

Pastor Eric said...

I LOVE playing tag. I will post something today.

Pastor Eric said...

All done with my list...thanks for the post.
Eric

lauraj said...

Done, Diane.

Unknown said...

The longer I follow Jesus, the more 4 means to me. This is so rare in this world, and Jesus stays with us not only in this world but the next.

Rev SS said...

My list is here

Terri said...

Ok. I finally played! And left a response below the Herbert poem...

Lori said...

I'm with John, lovin' #4.

Susan Gillespie said...

love, love LOVE #5. I played at http://sentbyaservant.blogspot.com/.

How do you guys put a link in your comments??