Singing Owl over at Revgalblogpals has this Friday Five for us:
Where I am it is dark, and it is cold, and it is snowing. I really wanted to stay in bed with the electric blanket cranked this morning. Share five things that made getting out of bed worthwhile for you today.
Where I am sounds very familiar to where Singing Owl is! In fact, I've forgotten to set my alarm this week several times, and overslept, because it is dark until so late in the morning.
Without further ado, here are the five things I could come up with that made it worthwhile to get out of bed:
1. Coffee. In particular the flavored coffee that my husband makes every morning. He is partial to flavors such as Amaretto, Chocolate Caramel, and Gingerbread. The smell is as wonderful as the taste!
2. Oatmeal. With blueberries. And bananas. Nothing like a hot meal on a cold morning. I grew up believing that oatmeal in the winter is a sign that your mother loves you.
3. Stopping on the way to church to deposit my check in the bank. I don't work for the money, but it does help pay for the oatmeal, blueberries and bananas (and flavored coffee).
4. Wearing my new hat (the one I just learned how to knit). Getting to wear my new hat makes it almost bearable to go out in 10 degree weather, and shovel snow, and clear off windshields.
5. Letting the dog out. She very rarely wakes me up early any more (when she does she just puts her head on the side of the bed and sighs). But it's fun to watch her run through the deep snow; she loves the season more than we do.